Tuesday, August 17, 2021

6 Months Already???

Today is my 6-month mark! How has it already been that long??? I won't be posting anything about my months in the mission on Facebook until my 9-month mark, but I thought I might as well announce it in my weekly email since it's actually the day of! It's crazy how fast the time has gone, but I'm glad I still have 1 more year to keep serving the Lord.

It was a long week, but a good one! Here are just some highlights:

We went bowling as a District last P-day and it was really fun! The last time I had gone bowling was when I was about 10 years old, so it was nice to see that I've improved a lot since then.

One of the members of the ward made dinner for our whole District on Wednesday and brought it to the church so we could eat together! Afterwards, we had a meeting with some members of the ward to talk about the spanish-speaking members of the ward and how we can help them, because practically all of them are inactive. We're planning on focusing on these members and strengthening their faith.

We also had a lesson with Kelsi and Soneyda! They're sisters-in-law and they're SO sweet! We showed the "Gracias a Él" (Because of Him) video and they really liked it - we talked about how the Atonement is a very personal thing and invited them to pray to be able to feel God's love for each of them.

I'm loving my personal studies in the Book of Mormon right now! This is Christ's Sermon on the Mount that He gives to the Nephites, and this part is word-for-word the same as the account in Matthew, which shows that this is probably pretty important:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and dust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal; But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven...for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." --3 Nephi 13:19-21

Sometimes, it's easy to focus on laying up worldly treasures, like cool clothes, that promotion at work, fancy vacations, etc. but when this mortal life comes to a close, we won't be able to take any of those things with us. When all is said and done, the most important things are our families and the gospel. When we focus on the things that have eternal value, we'll find lasting joy in both this life and in the life to come!

Love you all and have a great week!

 

I found a cute flower

Return of the Masks...

A meme I made to cheer up Hermana Severtson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.