Tuesday, September 14, 2021

I'm Gonna Be Senior Comp

That's right! We just got transfer news on Sunday night: Hermana Severtson is leaving to Greeley (but staying in the zone) and Hermana Shumway is coming to be with me! She and I came out to the field together, but they've made me senior companion, which is super exciting/scary! I'm sad that Hermana Severtson and I only had one transfer together, but I know she'll be awesome in Greeley.

We also found 3 new people to teach this week!!! It was such a cool miracle! Humbert and Rosio are husband and wife, and Hermana Severtson had tried to contact them several times, but no response (text/in-person). But one day, we knocked on their door, they answered, let us inside, we introduced the Book of Mormon, asked them about the importance of prayer and the scriptures, they gave amazing answers, and it was all just amazing!! The whole time, Hermana Severtson and I were just sitting there like "what is happening???" We just went back yesterday and taught them the Restoration, and it went super well! Rosio really liked the idea of the Bible and the Book of Mormon working together and said it helped her recognize God's love for her, which I thought was SO awesome!

We also had another lesson with Fabiola (the lady who we'd been "teaching", but she wasn't ever really learning/understanding) and it actually went really well! We decided to simplify even more and just teach about prayer and scripture study, and that seemed to do the trick! She answered all of our questions really well and actually seemed to comprehend what we were teaching her! We're really excited to hopefully keep meeting with her and helping her progress.

This week, I was reading the story of the Jaredites in the Book of Mormon and I really liked reading the part where they cross the sea in the barges:

"And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind."  --Ether 6:5

In our lives, sometimes we feel like we're being tossed around on the water as we just try to stay afloat. We might sometimes ask God "WHY is this happening? WHY won't you stop this wind and just give me a break?" But, in reality, the wind that is seemingly tossing us around is actually leading us towards the promised land! So instead of asking "Why is this happening?", we can ask "What is He trying to help me learn from this trial?" The Lord is trying to help us move forward, and we just need to trust in His plan.

Love you all and have an awesome week!
 
Perfectly good apple we found on the ground (we didn't eat it though, don't worry!)

 
September weather in Colorado...yayyy

Roses from Sis. Douglas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.