Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Lots and Lots of Miracles!!!

It was an awesome week! I'll try to not make this too long, but I have a lot of stories to tell, so here are the highlights:


On Thursday, we had an AMAZING lesson with Rosio and Humberto! We talked about the Plan of Salvation and after talking about the 3 Kingdoms, Hermana Shumway invited them to be baptized to start them on the covenant path towards the Celestial Kingdom! They both shook their heads 'no', though, and talked about how they'd already been baptized into another church, so they didn't need to be baptized again. I was about to say "Oh it's ok, we understand", thinking 'they're not ready yet - we'll bring it up again some other time', but the Spirit stopped me and said: No - talk to them about Priesthood Authority - extend the invitation again.

I was TERRIFIED!

So I took a deep breath and said, "Do you remember last time, when we talked about prophets and the power of God?" They nodded yes. "And how Christ gave his apostles the authority to that power so they could do miracles and baptize others?" They nodded yes. "And how that authority was lost for a time, but was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith?" They nodded yes. "So, every church is good, but The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the ONLY church with that authority of the power of God. Will you be baptized by someone who holds that authority so that your covenants can last through eternity?" And they nodded yes!!!

It was so amazing! We weren't able to officially put them on date for baptism, because they need to work out work schedule stuff first and be able to come to church (Rosio is already applying to different places so she can have a different job and be able to have Sundays off and come to church!!!) so we're SUPER excited for both of them!!! I'm so glad I followed the Spirit, even though I was really scared! I know that when we follow Spiritual promptings, we really see miracles!

On Friday, we had a great lesson with the Acostas, who are an in-active family in our ward. Hermana Shumway and I were planning on teaching the Restoration, but in the middle of the lesson, we suddenly felt like we needed to read the Sacrament prayers, talk about the importance of the Sacrament, and invite them to come to church! We had each of them read one of the prayers, and we talked about how when we renew our baptismal covenants, we can always have the Spirit to be with us, which was something that Hermana Acosta had mentioned she really missed. Hermano Acosta was like "Did Bishop tell you to come here and tell us to come to church?" and we were like "No, we just wanted to come and talk about the Restoration, but the Spirit told us to talk about the Sacrament instead!" And then Hermana Acosta started crying and told us that everything we had said was exactly what she needed to hear! And then on Sunday, Hermana Acosta and her younger son CAME TO CHURCH!!! We were so excited and we know that they'll be blessed for acting in faith

"Wherefore, by the ministering of angels, and by every word which proceeded forth out of the mouth of God, men began to exercise faith in Christ; and thus by faith, they did lay hold upon every good thing...and by faith, they become the sons of God." --Moroni 7:25-26

Faith is a principle of action - we need to exercise our faith, lay hold upon every good thing, and become sons and daughters of God. When we have faith in Christ, we naturally will have a desire to follow Him, keep His commandments, and become like Him. I invite you all to review the talk by Pres. Nelson "Christ is Risen; Faith in Him Will Move Mountains" from the April 2021 General Conference. I know that as we follow the prophet and take action to develop our faith, we will see our faith grow and see SO many miracles! Also, October General Conference is coming!!!
Cake, Brownies, and Care Package for Elder Thomas! (leaving for his original assignment in Mexico)

District Farewell Party for Elder Thomas!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.