This week was pretty wild - here are some highlights:
We
got to go to the temple with Dayana on Wednesday! The neighboring
English wards had a planned Youth Temple Trip, and so we got to do proxy
baptisms with her - it was so amazing! Watching Dayana get in a temple
baptismal font was SO surreal - seeing someone you taught and baptized
do temple work is such a cool experience! Roberto wasn't able to make it
since he had to work late, so hopefully we can set up another temple
trip for both of them to go!
On
Sunday, we had an awesome lesson with our friend Deyvin! We talked
about the 1st part of the Plan of Salvation, and he was like "Oh my
goodness I've always wanted to know where I came from, why I'm here, and
where I'm going!" so we read 2 Nephi 2:22-26 with him as we talked
about Adam and Eve and the importance of the Fall - he told us, "From
these 2 pages of this book, I've learned more than I've ever learned in
my entire life!" He was so excited to read Alma 40 and talk about the
Spirit World and the Resurrection! We're so excited for him.
We had Zone Conference yesterday, which is why I'm sending this weekly email today instead of yesterday.
It was weird to realize that it was my last Zone Conference before I
finish my mission...I got to sing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" (and
managed to not cry until afterwards) and bear my testimony (the moment where I started crying )
- I really love being a missionary! Even though there are so many hard
days, I love the opportunity to see so many miracles in the lives of the
people here in Longmont, including my own life.
This
morning, we had an absolute rollercoaster of emotions! We got a call
from our Mission President (Pres. Sandstrom), who told us we needed to
head to Windsor and pick up Hermana Passey, since her companion was
suddenly going home due to some emotional/family issues - we drove all
the way up to Windsor (about 45 minutes north of Longmont) to the
Mission Office, where we picked up Hermana Passey and said goodbye to
her companion,
so, Hermana Tippets and I are in a trio with Hermana Passey for the
next little bit! (hence the email title: E.T. [emergency tranfers])
It's weird since Hermana Passey was my companion for my 1st transfer in
Longmont, and now she's back! We're not sure how long we'll be in a
trio (a day or two? the rest of the transfer?) but the Lord will make it
all work out!
Personal Study excerpt for the week:
(context: Samuel the Lamanite talking to the wicked Nephites)
Helaman 13:38 - "But behold, your days of probation are past; ye have procrastinated the day of your salvation"
--day of your repentance --> day of your *salvation*
---the same day that we repent, we begin to experience salvation!
--daily *repentance* ---> daily *salvation*
Love you all and have a great week!
- Hermana DeWitt






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.