Hello everybody!
My P-days are normally on Tuesdays, but since tomorrow is Zone Conference, my P-day is on Monday this week!
Last
week, we had our first District Council, which was super fun - Hermana
Becker and I are the only sisters in our district, and since we're the
only Spanish-speaking missionaries in our district, we cover the whole
area (all of Laramie!) My District Leader, Elder Montoya, asked me to
play the hymns for the meeting, so I played "We Thank Thee, O God, for a
Prophet" and "How Great Thou Art" :)
We
also had our New Missionary Training Meeting down in Cheyenne!
President and Sister Palmer were there and I got to talk to them a
little bit. Turns out, they know my Grandma Wendy and Grandpa Collin
DeWitt! They used to live in Arizona and they were in the same
ward/stake at some point! Sister Palmer had turned to me and said, "Do
you happen to know Wendy DeWitt?" and I said, "Yeah, that's my
Grandma!"
Our
Zone Leaders found us a referral! His name is Alberto and he's at the
University of Wyoming right now finishing up the semester. He said he
was really busy right now, so he asked us to contact him in a couple
weeks after school is out and he has more time to meet and learn about
the gospel. Hopefully, he's still interested then!
We
also had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, which was really
fun! Hermana Becker went with Sister Davis, and I went with Sister Hein
for the day. We taught this woman named Dess (in english), which was
super comforting to me, because I was able to contribute more to the
lesson than usual and it helped me realize that I AM a good missionary
and I just need more time to get completely comfortable with teaching in
spanish! We shared Ether 12:4 with her and it was exactly what she
needed to hear!
Since
last week was General Conference, this Sunday was my first normal
Sunday in the field! We went to Branch Council and then to the Spanish
Branch sacrament meeting, which is so small that the entire branch meets
in the Primary Room. Everything was in Spanish, which scared me at
first, but I was able to understand most everything that was said! It
was Fast Sunday, so I got up to introduce myself and bear my testimony
in Spanish and it actually went pretty well! Both Flor and Brisia (our
two people on date for baptism) came and I was so excited to see them!
Turns out, they're both really good friends, so hopefully, they'll help
each other come to church every week!
That's
about it for this week! These past two weeks have gone by really slowly
and really quickly at the same time, which is so weird! Hermana Becker
says the first transfer is the longest, so I think my mission is going
to breeze by!
Nos vemos and love you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.