Hello everyone!
So, last week, I
was writing my weekly email in the car on our way to Martin's Cove, so I
wasn't able to actually write about it, so I'm writing about it today!
We
woke up super early in the morning to pick up the Sister Training
Leaders and drive 2.5 hours up to Martin's Cove Missionary Village,
where we did a service project for the senior missionaries up there!
They had everyone bring rakes and shovels and gloves, but gave the
sister missionaries the option to go inside and paint trailhead signs
instead of shoveling gravel. Hermana Becker and I were happy to do
either, but it was very cold outside, so we decided to go inside and
paint! It was super fun and we got to talk to the senior sister
missionaries, who were so sweet! Afterwards, we had lunch and then took a
hike to the cove! We had a little devotional and the Spirit was so
strong! Also, the Sun was pretty strong too; we all got super sunburned!
But, it was still such a fun trip! We even took a picture of our entire
mission, which was super awesome!
On
Friday, we went to Walmart during our lunch hour to buy envelopes for
Mother's Day cards for all the women in our branch (usually you only go
to Walmart on a P-day, but we asked our District Leader for approval
since it was service!) but we were walking towards the paper/envelopes
section at Walmart when we walked past this guy who saw our nametags and
said "lds?" and we were like "yep, we're missionaries!" and he starts
talking to us about how he has problems with the church but how we need
to find common ground and that the Second Coming is super soon...like
May 26th on the Blood Moon to be exact...and then he said "Anyway, see
y'all in Kolob someday" and walked away! It was such a weird
conversation and we didn't even get our envelopes because they were
really expensive and we had run out of time, but I think the Spirit led
us to him and I hope that he'll decide to come back to the church based
off of our kind words to him :)
We
also got Transfer Information! Hermana Becker and I are staying in
Laramie, but the rest of our District/Zone is totally changing! We're
really sad to say goodbye to everyone, especially Sis. Hein and Davis,
our Sister Training Leaders, but we know that Pres. Palmer follows
revelation from the Lord, especially when it comes to transfers, so we
have faith that the Lord knows what He's doing :)
Happy
Late Mother's Day! We made a little Facebook video of people in our
Spanish Branches talking about why they love their moms, and it turned
out super cute! I also sang in Sacrament Meeting! I wanted to sing a
mother's day song, but then I realized there aren't really any Mothers
songs that I know outside of the Children's songbook, so we went with
"Peace in Christ" in Spanish (Paz en Cristo) and everyone said they
really loved it and felt the Spirit, which made me feel so happy inside!
"Behold,
He sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are
extended towards them, and He saith: Repent, and I will receive you."
--Alma 5:33
I love this
verse; there are so many people in the world that think they've fallen
too far for repentance and that 'the Lord wouldn't forgive me anyway',
but that's not true! The arms of mercy are always extended towards us -
all we need to do is reach out and receive Him into our hearts <3
I love you all and hope you're doing well!
![]() |
| Hiking at Martin's Cove |
![]() |
| Painting signs at Martin's Cove |
![]() |
| Painting Signs at Martin's Cove |
![]() |
| Hiking at Martin's Cove |
![]() | ||
| Colorado Fort Collins Mission! |
![]() | |
| Laramie Zone |
![]() |
| Sweetwater River |
![]() | |
| Laramie Zone |
![]() |
| Driving back from Martin's Cove |











No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.