Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Boxes of Food and 24-hour Exchanges!

Hello everyone!

Today is Hermana Becker's 9-month mark (halfway for a sister missionary) so we celebrated with the whole district, which was super fun!

On Wednesday, we had our interviews with Pres. Palmer and it went really well! We talked for a little bit about my Spanish and he paused for a moment and then said, "I want to invite you and Hermana Becker to only speak Spanish with each other from 9am to 9pm. Will you do that?" And of course I said yes, but I was so scared! I asked him if he had told Hermana Becker about this and he said that he had just received the prompting during my interview, which was super comforting to me that he really receives revelation and is in tune with the Spirit! After the interview, we went and told Hermana Becker, and started speaking Spanish on the way home! It's been really cool to see my Spanish grow so much within the past couple of days!

We also had 24-hour exchanges for the first time since Covid! It was really nice to be able to teach in english for a day to remind myself that I'm good at teaching and being a missionary; I just need more time with the spanish part! And hopefully the 9am-pm Spanish will help me progress faster!

We've been really tight on money these past few weeks and started getting worried about how we'd buy groceries for the rest of the transfer, but then we found a whole box of food on our doorstep on Friday night! It was such a miracle, honestly! The next day, we helped Stephanie (the daughter of a woman we're teaching) move out of her house and into her apartment. She's getting divorced and her husband is getting the house, so she had us take all the food we could! We took 2 big boxes of food home and it was another huge blessing from the Lord!

I was reading the story of Aaron and King Lamoni's father in the Book of Mormon and it is SUCH a cool story!

"If there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day." --Alma 22:18

When King Lamoni's father believed what Aaron had taught him he wanted to ACT on his faith. When we want to strengthen our faith, we need to DO something about it! When we want to help strengthen others' faith, we need to invite them to DO something! I know that if we act on our faith, we'll be able to feel the influence of the Spirit more in our daily lives and come closer to our Heavenly Father.

Love you all and have a great week!
I just realized I forgot to take pictures this week, (sorry!) but here's the quote page of the week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.