Hello everyone!
This week was
filled with lots of walking and street contacting in the evenings; now
that it's nice outside in Laramie, especially around 7/7:30, we find a
lot of people to talk to, which is super awesome! We met some
interesting people:
Alisha
- up until this point, I was never very good at street contacting
because I just wouldn't notice people outside most of the time, but
today I saw a lady sitting outside that H. Becker didn't see! I said
hello and we started to her and her daughter Destiny and, long story
short, they said they wanted to do a Bible Study session! H. Becker was
so excited afterwards and kept saying "my trainee is all grown up!"
Ren
- while we were on our way to visit Leti, we saw this guy sitting in
the open trunk of his old SUV and started talking to him! We asked him
if he had ever heard of the church and he said he had and that he had
been wanting to read the Book of Mormon because he likes to learn about
religions. Of course, we gave him a free copy and invited him to read
the introduction and he said he would! He also told us about the Tangri
(not sure how you spell it, but it's some sort of sun god) and we had an
interesting conversation about that for a few minutes! I don't think
he's really interested in coming closer to Christ through the Book of
Mormon (it seems more of a curious, intellectual thing for him right
now) but hopefully, the Spirit will touch his heart and he'll reach back
out to us and want to learn more!
Luis
- we met this guy in a trailer park as he was heading out to his
girlfriend's aunt's house for dinner, but we had enough time to ask him
if he was interested in the church and the Book of Mormon and he said
yes, so we gave him a copy! He spoke English to us, but he looked like
he might be bilingual, so hopefully he also speaks Spanish and would be
interested in going to our Spanish Branch sometime in the future! We
were going to meet with him yesterday, but he wasn't home, so hopefully
we'll be able to actually meet with him and start teaching him!
Zach
- after meeting Luis and giving him a Book of Mormon, we street
contacted into this guy and his dog! His dog was very big but also very
nice, so that was a relief for me! Zach said he would like a Book of
Mormon, so we gave him one and he said we could come back to talk more
about it on Saturday - hopefully that will end up happening!
Malolo
- we met this guy right as he was getting into his car! At first, we
started speaking English, but Hermana Becker accidentally started
speaking Spanish (she's been a missionary for a while and sometimes will
just slip into Spanish)
but thankfully, Spanish is his first language, so it was perfect! Turns
out, he knows a family in our Branch, which is a great fellow-shipping
opportunity and we're sure excited for that! He's not very interested in
the gospel right now, but maybe someday he will be.
Carol
- we met this lady and her dog Seamus! We started talking about
Scottish names and before we knew it, we were talking about family
history! She seemed really interested in her family tree and everything,
so we told her about familysearch.org
and she said she'd love to look into it! Unfortunately, she and her
husband have to be pretty careful about meeting with people (they're
older and have some health problems) so we can't really meet with her,
but we gave her our card and number so she could ask us any questions
she has about family history or if she needs help with anything!
It's
been really cool to see how the Lord blesses us when we put forth the
effort. Even though it's awkward and uncomfortable a lot of the time,
when we trust in the Lord, we're able to meet people and plant seeds of
faith!
"Yea, I know that I
am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore, I will not boast of
myself, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all
things; yea, behold, many miracles we have wrought in this land, for
which we will praise His name forever." --Alma 26:12
I
love Ammon's faith and trust in the Lord and his humility! When we see
miracles happen in our lives, we always should make sure we recognize
that it was the Lord's doing, not our own. Without the Savior, we
wouldn't be able to return to Heaven, but with Him, we can do ALL things.
Love you all so much and have a great week!
![]() |
| Hermana Becker and I on Hermana Becker's 9-month mark! |
![]() |
| Hermana Becker and I on Hermana Becker's 9-month mark! |
![]() |
| In the car with our celebratory ice cream |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.