Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Zone Conference...and That's About it!

Not a lot happened this week, but we had Zone Conference, which was super awesome! We drove down to Cheyenne and I got to see lots of missionaries I hadn't seen in a while. I took SO many notes during the meeting and I wish I could tell you all about it, but it would take forever, so I'll just say one of the things I liked: we talked a lot about who Jesus Christ really is and how we can come to truly know Him - we read Moroni 10:32-34, which says the phrase "perfect in Christ" and talked about how we shouldn't try to be perfect by ourselves, because it's literally impossible! We have to rely on Christ and His Atonement in order to become perfected and return to live in God's presence.


On Saturday, we met Sergio! We were trying to meet with Jose Luis, but Sergio walked out of the apartment and turns out, they're roommates! Sergio said Jose was busy working, but that he (Sergio) would be interested in a message! We shared Jacob 2:8, talked about the spirit world and resurrection (because he had lots of questions!), and invited him to read Alma 40. He said we could come back on Thursday, so we're super excited!

It was a pretty uneventful week since so many people are out of town right now on vacation or super busy with work, but we've been doing more Facebook work and finding people there too! Some people are more interested in taking Hermana Behymer and me out on a date and eating ice cream rather than hearing a message about Jesus Christ, but oh well (we say 'no' when guys ask us out on dates, by the way).

I've been reading in Helaman, which is where 3rd Nephi first comes into the story. At this point, the Nephites are being way more wicked than the Lamanites, and Nephi is trying really hard to get the Nephites to repent. Since they're still not repenting, Nephi asks the Lord to bring a famine, which the Lord does:

"And it came to pass that the people saw that they were about to perish by famine and they began to remember the Lord their God; and they began to remember the words of Nephi." --Helaman 11:7

It's good that these Nephites eventually repented, but it would've been better if they had remembered the Lord and listened to Nephi without almost dying in a famine! We shouldn't wait to repent until we're about to perish from our own 'famine'; it's better to listen and make a change the first time around!

That's about it for this week! Love you all!
 
Laramie Zone
 

A surprise picture that was taken during my trip to the bathroom during zone conference


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.