Yep, we got transfer news! I'm leaving Laramie, Wyoming and going down to the Greeley, Colorado zone! I'll be living in a nearby town called Fort Morgan and my new companion will be Hermana Severtson - Hermana Behymer knows her a little bit and said she's awesome! I'm really sad to leave Laramie and the people here, but I'm also excited for a change of scenery - I've been here for almost 5 months!
I
don't have a ton of time to write a weekly email today, since I need to
finish packing and saying goodbye to everyone, but here's some
highlights for the week:
I turned 20 years old on Wednesday!! It's so weird to no longer be a "teenager." We drove up to Rawlins (1.5 hours away from Laramie) for Zone Meeting,
had lunch, sang happy birthday, and ate cake, but it was so much cake we
couldn't eat it all!
On
Thursday, we had dinner with the Asay's and had taco salad with Doritos
and ground deer (instead of beef!) and it was SO good! When they pulled
out the Doritos, I was a little bit hesitant, but it really was super
good
We got to meet with Flor on Friday, which started off really well, but ended really sadly. She's going through a really hard time right now with things going on
at home (I won't give details for her privacy) and she's been praying to
know what she should do to get out of her situation. She hasn't gotten
an answer yet, but she still has faith that God will help her and her
family through this hard time. We had brought a copy of the Family Proclamation for her to read with
her family, so we invited her to read it and promised her that if she
read it, she would receive an answer to her prayers about what she
should do! The Spirit was so strong while we were there and oh my
goodness I just really want Flor and her family to be happy. If you all could pray for her and her family, we would appreciate that SO much!
In
my Book of Mormon study, I'm at the part where the signs of Christ's
crucifixion have happened and all the Nephites are listening to Christ's
voice while the vapor of darkness still surrounds them:
"...by
me redemption cometh and in me is the law of Moses fulfilled...ye shall
offer up unto me no more the shedding of blood...and ye shall offer for
a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit..." --3 Nephi
9:17,19-20
Whenever a law
is fulfilled, the Lord always gives us a higher, holier law; once we've
gotten good at/used to doing something, He gives us something new to
help us continue to grow and become more like Him. When things we're
used to doing change suddenly, it's easy to be angry and ask why we have
good things taken away from us. But it's important to remember that
when the Lord takes away something, it's because He wants to replace it
with something better and holier. When we accept His will, He can make
US better and holier.
Love you all and have a great week!
![]() |
| The District |
![]() |
| Birthday Balloons |
![]() |
| The Zone |
![]() |
| Elder Baker and me with our birthday candles! (His birthday was the day before mine) |




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.