Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy late Thanksgiving!!! We had a fun week, but I don't have a lot of time to write this email, so I'm really going to try to make this one short (Wish me luck!)

We went to Sister Bick's house on Wednesday to get her a tithing slip and envelope since she's been sick and stuck in her house for a few days. She told us about all the health problems she's been dealing with and we asked her if there was anything we could do to help. At first, she said the usual, 'no...', but finally she said, "Well, you could help my daughter with her math homework...?" So we helped Krystlelynn with her Pre-Algebra homework for a little bit! It was pretty fun and I got a re-fresher on some old math skills I hadn't used since high school!

Thanksgiving Thursday! We got to call home, so I got to talk to my Dad and brothers for the first time in a while! (they're usually all at school/work when I call on P-days) It was really nice to get to talk to each of them individually and get an update on each of their lives! I miss them all SO much, but the mission is flying by, so I think I'll see them again pretty soon!

Saturday was Hermana Acosta's birthday! We got her a birthday card and a cute little plush puppy from Walmart and dropped it off! We sang "Feliz CumpleaƱos" at the door and she was so happy! She had some nieces and nephews over to celebrate, and when one of her nephews tried to take the plush puppy, she jokingly said, "Nooo, this is MY puppy!" She is the sweetest lady!

Xochitl and her family are still ready to get baptized this coming Sunday! Sadly, though, Juan (Xochitl's husband) told her that he's not ready to be baptized anymore...she was pretty heartbroken, so we had the Elders come with us on Monday to give her a priesthood blessing of comfort. It was AMAZING! The Lord truly spoke through Elder Morales and promised her some pretty amazing blessings, including that someday, Juan will be baptized and that they'll be able to be sealed in the temple! She was crying and gave me and Hermana Shumway hug.

I've been studying more about the temple this week and found some amazing study resources on Gospel Library and on the church website! I invite you all to go read them if you have never attended the temple/haven't been able to attend in a while - I promise it will help you remember those covenants that you've made, and/or give you the desire to get to the temple! It truly is an amazing place.

Have an amazing week!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.