Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Exchanges, Lessons, and Diligence!

On Wednesday, we had another lesson with Benjamin and talked about baptism! We had invited him to pray about it and ask God if he needs to be baptized, but when he told us that he hadn't and we asked him why, he said, "because I already know that I need to be baptized!" He's still not fully ready to pick a date, but he knows he needs it and he actually wants it! We're so excited to keep helping him progress!


On Thursday night, we drove to Greeley (about an hour west of Fort Morgan) to have 24-hour exchanges with Sisters Cheney and Lima de Souza! We had SUCH a great time and I learned so much from Sister Cheney! We talked a lot about personal revelation and, afterwards, she told me that what I had said helped her with some things she's been wondering about - I'm so glad the Spirit helped me help her!

Fabiola's baptism is happening on Saturday the 15th! We're SO excited for her and she is too! She's been feeling less nervous and is excited to have the Ward there to support her (and for the refreshments that Sis. Marler is making!)

On Sunday, we had a good lesson with Maria and talked about the Plan of Salvation! She has SUCH good questions and isn't afraid to ask them, which I think is awesome! She asked us what the word 'redemption' means, and we had a cool little discussion on Christ's Atonement! She's super awesome and I hope she'll keep progressing!

We also had an impromptu lesson with Julia on Monday night! We talked about Joseph Smith, Pablo shared the 1st Vision experience, and then we started talking about baptism! Julia said she still wants to keep learning before choosing a date, but that she also wants to be baptized at some point when she feels ready! We're super excited and Pablo is too! He told us how happy it makes him to see his friends (especially Julia and Benjamin) learn about the Gospel and to have the joy that he has in his own life! We're so glad he loves missionary work as much as we do!

Personal Study Excerpt for the week!

 D&C 109:7 - "And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith."
--Diligence - steady, consistent, and earnest effort
--NEVER think that you've learned everything that you can from the scriptures - there's always more to learn! Each time we read the scriptures (especially the Book of Mormon) we notice things that we hadn't noticed before and/or are reminded of important things that we should never forget!
--I invite you all to consciously put a little more effort into your daily scripture study - I promise that you'll get something out of it every time, even if you only read a few verses! The scriptures are filled with layers of knowledge, and we've only peeled back a few of those layers - always keep learning!

Love you all and have an amazing week!

- Hermana DeWitt
 

I built a snowman!

Froooosteeeed Windowpanes...

Exchanges with the STL's!

Sister Cheney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.