Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The Tire, The Font, and The Transfer!

I don't have a ton of time today, so I'll just do the really big highlights for this week.

We got a flat tire on Thursday hehe. Thankfully, Sister Marler came and rescued us/drove us back to our apartment for the night, and Brother Gibbs put the spare tire on the car the next morning. We have the best members ever! The day after that, we got our tire patched at a local tire shop, and the guy did it for free, which was super awesome!

Fabiola got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday!!! We were SO happy that everything went smoothly - the day of, she told us, "I'm not scared at all! I'm just excited to get baptized! And tomorrow I'll get the Holy Ghost!" She's the sweetest lady ever and we're so happy for her!

Sunday night we got transfer news...and I'm staying in Fort Morgan with Hermana Shumway another transfer!!! This will be my 5th transfer in FoMo and my 4th transfer with Hermana Shumway, and I'm SO happy! I love Fort Morgan so much!!!

We had some good things and some not-so-good things happen this week, but I always try to focus on the good, rather than the bad - it helps me be a LOT happier, that's for sure!

Personal Study Excerpt for the week:

D&C 111:2,5,10 - "I have much treasure in this city for you, for the benefit of Zion...Concern not yourselves about your debts, for I will give you power to pay them...For there are more treasures than one for you in this city."
--Sometimes, we expect a certain type of blessing (usually material things), but most of the time, the Lord has spiritual treasures in store for us, which are WAY better!
--Don't be disappointed when you receive a different type of treasures than the one you were expecting!

I invite you all to study a little bit about the different types of spiritual treasures that the Lord has promised us - I promise that, as you look for these spiritual treasures, rather than material things, the Lord will send you SO many of these blessings that last forever, not just in this life!

Love you all and have a great week!

- Hermana DeWitt


District Lunch at Pepper's!

Happy transfer news picture! (Staying together!!!)

Holding an 1800's sword at a member dinner

Fabiola's Baptism! (feat. Greeley Hermanas - Severtson and Behymer)

0 psi...

Sleepy Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.