Yes, we got transfer news, and yes, I'm leaving Fort Morgan! It's been SUCH an amazing 5 transfers/7 months here in wonderful FoMo, and I'm SO sad to leave! The amazing ward/people here will always have a special place in my heart! Hermana Shumway will be staying here and is going to be an STL (sister training leader), so that's super exciting! She's going to be amazing. I'll be heading down to Longmont, CO, which will be VERY different from Fort Morgan! It'll have a lot more restaurants, which is nice, but it won't have the small-town charm that Fort Morgan has, so I'll miss that. BUT, I know the Lord is sending me to Longmont for a reason! I've done what I needed to do here in Fort Morgan, and now there are people in Longmont that I need to find!
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
I'M LEAVING FORT MORGAN??
Last
Wednesday, we had a really good lesson with Diego! We met up at the
church and had JL and Kristy McDonald come to be part of it! JL served
his mission in Argentina and still speaks Spanish very well, so he was
able to share lots of cool insights during our lesson! He and Diego also
connected very well, which we were happy about!
On
Thursday, we had English Class (which JL teaches!) and Kristy made her
AMAZING homemade donuts for the class! Afterwards, the Elders came by
for some donuts and we took some pictures (see down below!)
We
also had a Relief Society activity on Friday, and Fabiola came! She
mainly talked to us the whole time, since most of the Spanish-speaking
ladies were all at work, and Fabiola speaks very little English - we had
so much fun though! There was soup and we made quilts for the local
homeless shelter
while we were eating our soup, we started talking about the difference
between the Spanish words "comer" and "comerse" (both mean 'to eat') -
Fabiola had said "Me estoy comiendo mi sopa", which means "I'm eating my
soup" - we asked Fabiola what "comerse" means if "comer" means 'to
eat'. She said (in Spanish): "I guess 'comerse' would mean that you're
eating someone." We were very caught off guard by that, and Hermana Shumway asked,
"Well, then why did you use 'comerse' just now?" and Fabiola replied,
"...because I'm eating someone" We promise she's not a cannibal, though!
She's just a funny old lady eating taco soup!
I'm
running out of time but I love you all so much and hope you have a
great week! Keep trusting in the Lord and His perfect plan for you! The
next time I email, it'll be from "big city" Longmont, CO!
- Hermana DeWitt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.