It's been a busy week! I don't have a lot of time to write an email today, so I'll try to keep this short! (emphasis on try)
On
Tuesday night, we went to the mission office in Windsor and got to meet
our greenies!! Hermana Young is SOOO cute and nice, and we're doing
great so far! She's from Pleasant Grove, Utah, loves music, plays the
cello, and did theatre in high school! She's so sweet, such a hard
worker, and I love her so much already!
We
had 2 lessons with Roberto this week, and got to finalize a lot of
stuff for his baptism this coming Saturday! If you guys could keep him
in your prayers, that would be amazing.
On
Saturday, we had the adult session of Stake Conference, and I had to
sit there and translate it into Spanish, so that was fun! It was definitely a workout for my brain, but it was really cool to see
how the Lord helped me through those 2 hours of rapid translating,
without notes or really any idea beforehand of what they would be
speaking about! The Gift of Tongues is REAL! Also, we didn't see anyone
using the headsets in the congregation, so maybe I was translating for
nobody, but we can pretend that there was someone sitting in the foyer
using a headset and appreciating the provided translation.
On
Sunday, we had Easter dinner with the Branch President and his wife,
and it went really well! We had prepared a message in advance, but when
we were planning, it seemed slightly random and we weren't sure why the
Spirit was prompted us to share this specific message with them. As we
talked during dinner, they shared some of the hard things that were
happening that day, and Hermana Young and I realized that it was exactly
what they needed to hear! It was so amazing to see how the Spirit
influences our planning and helps us help the members.
Monday
was our trainer's meeting, which was in Cheyenne, so I got to go back
to Wyoming for the day! It was such a good meeting, and I cried so many
times.
I've been realizing that I don't have much time left as a missionary,
and it makes me so sad!! I love how constant the Spirit's presence is in
my life right now, and I'm sad that, when I'm released, it'll change
and never quite be the same. I want to enjoy the last 4 months of my mission as much as possible, because I know they're going to fly by SO fast!!
Personal Study excerpt for the week:
Mosiah
15:9 - "Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being
filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt
them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon Himself
their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and
satisfied the demands of justice."
--bowel -> gut -> a strong cord made from the intestines of sheep and used in surgery
---Christ's
sacrifice is crucial (like the sacrifice of a sheep in order to make a
'gut'), but it doesn't mean that we don't have to do anything - we need
to allow the Lord to perform spiritual surgery on us!
--what kinds of things does He want to "take out" during your spiritual surgery?
--just a few examples - pride, selfishness, unbelief, etc.
I
hope you all had a wonderful Easter and that you remember Christ's
sacrifice all year long! Let Christ and His Atonement perform spiritual
surgery on you, and let yourself be changed by His Grace.
Love you all and have an amazing week!!
- Hermana DeWitt






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.