This week was definitely better than last week - I'm still learning how to trust in the Lord better throughout the day, but I'm improving, and that's what matters!
Last
Tuesday, we had a lesson with our new member, Roberto Amaya, who got
baptized about a month ago - he and a couple of his kids, Javier and
Dayana, were all on-date for baptism at the beginning, but eventually we
took them off-date, because Javier was just so busy with work, and
Dayana just wasn't feeling ready for baptism. We still haven't been able
to meet with Javier, but Dayana has started attending studies and
lessons with us again, and coming to church with Roberto again! In our
last lesson, we talked about the 2nd half of the Plan of Salvation (our
life on earth-kindgoms of glory) and asked Dayana how she felt about
baptism, now that she's had more time to learn and meet with us. She
told us about how she'd had a really hard week (physical injuries,
school stress, and even a mosquito attack!) and then told us,
"My
dad has been so much happier since he got baptized, and I've been
thinking that...maybe I want that happiness too! And I don't just want
to do it for me - I want to do it for God, and Jesus, and my family."
Guys, this girl is 12 years old!! It was the coolest conversation I've ever had with someone that young .Her new baptismal date is June 11th, and she's so excited! The best
part, though, is that we've been preparing Roberto to receive the
Priesthood...which means that when he receives the Aaronic Priesthood
this coming Sunday, he will be able to baptize Dayana!! We're so excited
for them!!
Personal Study excerpt for the week:
Alma
20:26 - "And when [King Lamoni's father]...saw the great love [Ammon]
had for his son Lamoni, he was astonished exceedingly"
--great love -> loyalty - do we have great love for God? are we truly loyal to Him?
--loyalty -> the act of binding yourself (intellectually, emotionally,or spiritually) to a course of action
--when we are bound to Christ through covenants, we're loyal to His course of action.
How can you be more loyal to Christ's and God's "course of action" this week?
Love you all and have an amazing week!!
- Hermana DeWitt



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.