This week was good! Here are some highlights:
On
Saturday, we went and had a really good lesson with Raul! We had met
him last week, but we weren't sure if he was actually interested or if
he would keep our appointment - not only was he there, but he had
invited his uncle, Orlando, to be there too!! We talked about the 1st
half of the Plan of Salvation, and Raul told us: "when you knocked on my
door last week, I was washing dishes - usually I never answer the door,
but something told me that I needed to open the door...and so I know
that God loves me because He sent both of you to me to help me come to
Jesus" and oh my goodness I almost started crying - we're so excited for
him!!
On Sunday, almost
everyone was out of town for Memorial Day, so we had 5 members and 5
friends in the congregation - literally half of the congregation were
non-members!! It was wild! All of our friends really liked it, though, and for 3 of them, it was their 1st time ever coming to Sacrament meeting!!
This
week, in addition to studying the Book of Mormon, I also studied a talk
from a BYU devotional titled, "Wrestling with Comparisons" by J.B. Haws
- if any of you haven't read it, I invite you to do so - it's such a
good talk!! Here were some of my favorite quotes and lines:
-- "He will not be thinking about humility: he will not be thinking about himself at all" -C.S. Lewis
-- "...the minute you walk out the door, forget yourself and start concentrating on others" -Susan W. Tanner
-- "Charity renders powerless this temptation to compare" -J.B. Haws
-- "My contest is not with anyone else; my contest is with myself. The race is against sin, not against each other"
But go read the whole talk!! I promise you'll learn SO much if you'll study it with the desire to learn and grow.
Love you all and have a great week!!
- Hermana DeWitt



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.