Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Promptings, Miracles, and Transfers!

Hello everyone!


First off: Transfers are tomorrow! I'm staying here in Laramie, but Hermana Becker is getting transferred to Loveland, Colorado! Hermana Behymer will be coming up to Laramie tomorrow morning so that's exciting! She'll be my second companion EVER in the field, so I'm also pretty nervous because I've only ever had Hermana Becker.

Last Tuesday, we did some street contacting and came across this girl named Jazmyn! While we were talking to her, I kept getting the thought 'tell her that God loves her' but I pushed away the thought because I thought 'well I don't want to interrupt the current conversation or anything' so I didn't say anything. As we walked away, Hermana Becker seemed hesitant and I was like "hey what's wrong?" And she was like "I feel like we're supposed to tell her that God loves her" and I was like "......I had the same thought."

We both immediately turned around and started walking back towards her. It was pretty awkward because we had walked away but we told her that God loves her and she seemed to really appreciate it and it was what she needed to hear. Moral of the story: DON'T ignore spiritual promptings because the purpose of that prompting is to help someone! 

We also went on mini exchanges with the STL's on Saturday and it was super good! Sister Glende and I went to visit a grey dot that nobody had contacted in forever named Leo. As we walked up to his house, we saw him sitting on his porch and he was SO happy to see us! He told us that he'd missed the missionaries coming to teach him, that he still believed everything they'd taught him, and that he was reading the Book of Mormon everyday! We were BLOWN away! Sister Glende asked him if he had been working towards baptism (he said 'yes') and if he would want to work towards it again (he said 'yes'!!!) So long story short, Leo is now on date for baptism for July 31st! Sister Glende later told me that it was probably the coolest miracle she had ever seen on her mission, which was super awesome! I'm so sad he's not a Spanish speaker and that Hermana Becker and I won't keep teaching him (he's in the STL's area) but so happy that this guy is SO prepared to follow Christ! 

We had a good Father's Day! Our Spanish Branch combined with the English Ward that meets at the same time because the Primary kids were going to sing a Father's Day Medley in Sacrament Meeting! It was so cute to see them sing, even though they only really knew the "fathers are so special" part. That night, I got to call home and talk to my Dad and say Happy Father's Day, which was super fun.

I've been reading in Alma chapters 40-41, which is all about the Plan of Salvation and Judgement Day, and I really liked this part:

"...and if their works were good in this life, and the desires of their hearts were good, that they should also, at the last day, be restored unto that which is good. And if their works are evil they shall be restored unto them for evil. Therefore, all things shall be restored to their proper order." --Alma 41:3-4

Judgement day is all about who we have become and where we want to go - if we're not like God, we won't want to be with Him because we won't feel comfortable in His presence - we need to become like Him so that when Judgement Day comes, we'll run to Him instead of away from Him! I invite all of you to read Brad Wilcox's "His Grace is Sufficient" (if you've already read it before, read it again!) because I know it has helped me understand the purpose of Grace and Judgement.

Love you all and have a great week!
Hermana Mary DeWitt
 
Spring Creek District


Spring Creek District

 
Hermana Becker eating soup in front of the fan on a hot day in Wyoming

Saying goodbye to Connie Coca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.