We got transfer news yesterday: I'm training again!! I'll
be staying here in Longmont to train a new Hermana for 1 transfer and
then finish my mission - it's so crazy!! I wasn't expecting to train
again right after finishing Hermana Young's training (I actually thought
that SHE was going to be training;
she's actually heading to Fort Morgan, where I served for 7 months! I'm
so excited for her!) but I guess the Lord always seems to have a
different plan in mind! I'll meet my new Hermana tomorrow evening, so in
next week's email, I'll be able to tell you guys her name, where she's
from, etc.
On
Saturday, we got to meet our new mission leaders, President and Sister
Sandstrom! They're from Mesa, Arizona, and they're so awesome! I got to
perform "Abide with Me" at the devotional, which was nerve-racking since
it would be their 1st musical number in the mission field, but as to my
recollection, things went well and the Spirit was there!
The pages of my music were on the verge of falling off the piano the
entire time, but the Lord miraculously made those pieces of paper stay
on the piano, at least until I was done with them! (the 1st page fell to
the floor the moment I moved on to the 2nd page! God is so good!
We
also got to start teaching Marialena, who is a very sweet lady and is
super good at asking questions! Her husband was cooking a bunch of chili
peppers when we walked in, and WOW my whole body could feel the
spiciness! We were all coughing for several minutes because the smell was so
strong! But after a few minutes, the spicy air calmed down and we were
able to have a really good lesson about the 1st half of the Plan of
Salvation! We talked about the Atonement, and the Spirit was so strong!
We're so excited for her.
Personal Study excerpt for the week:
(I've been reading in the war chapters, which is perfect timing for Independence Day today!)
(context:
the Anti-Nephi-Lehies/people of Ammon, who used to be Lamanites but
were converted to the Lord and promised to never fight again, are seeing
the Nephites protect them against the other wicked Lamanites)
Alma
53:13 - "...when [the people of Ammon] saw the danger, and the many
afflictions and tribulations which the Nephites bore for them, they were
moved with compassion and were desirous to take up arms in the defense
of their country."
-I love that phrase - "moved with compassion" - when we move, we're taking action
-it's interesting to think of being "moved with compassion" as changing your course of action because of a change of heart <3
-most
of us will (hopefully) never need to literally take up arms and fight
other people in defense of our country, but we ALL have times in our
life when we need to reevaluate our course of action and make some
changes - we need to have a change of heart and be MOVED with compassion
- let that change of heart change your course of action!
Love you all and have an awesome week!
- Hermana DeWitt



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.